IBT offers a highly stimulating scientific environment. We believe in teamwork and integration of talent from many disciplines. Here, you will interact with internationally renowned scientists and get involved in collaborations with leading research laboratories and the biotech industry.
Please send all qualified resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or 4 Research Ct, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20850.
Current Open Positions:
The Account Manager will provide sales support and be responsible for coordination and success of the contract process relating to services. This includes facilitating meetings with clients and internal teams, executing contracts and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Understands and effectively represent all IBT products and services.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals / quotations and costing for virology services customers.
- Address customer questions and address concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain contracting database, sales and revenue tracking files.
- Provide status updates to management on a recurring basis.
- Ability to seek out new opportunities for IBT to expand service offerings to meet changing client needs in the marketplace.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness utilizing these relationships for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities;
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Attend Trade Shows and client sites as needed.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences and 2 to 3 years sales experience in the biotechnology and/or service sector. A post-secondary degree in Business or Marketing is preferred but not required. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
IBT Bioservices has an opening for Virologist in our antiviral testing services group. This position requires a strong understanding of antiviral mechanisms, standard analytical methods (cytotoxicity, CPE, PRNT, yield reduction and HAI) as well as a keen understanding of customer service.
- Provide technical expertise in virology and antiviral mechanisms
- Oversee cell culture and virus propagation
- Familiarity with multiplex technologies
- Promote/secure business from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals / quotations and costing for clients.
- Project coordination, tracking and reporting
- Oversee data analysis, interpretation of results and validity of conclusions as well as preparation of data summaries and reports.
- Develop or modify operational protocols as needed
- Support research and development activities to meet milestones
Must possess at a minimum a Master’s degree in Virology and have experience in the biotechnology sector with emphasis on infectious disease. A Ph.D is preferred but not required. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Experience with assay development. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment, with strong leadership skills. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on customer service. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite applications and scientific data analysis tools is required.
Research Associate/Assay Development & Quality Control
Integrated BioTherapeutics, Inc. located in Rockville, MD, has an opening for a Research Associate in Assay Development and Quality Control Testing to support client-based projects, product characterization and internal research programs. Duties include preparation of assay reagents, maintenance of reagent inventory, performing experiments, data analysis and assisting in writing technical documents. The successful incumbent must be able to adapt to changing priorities and different types of projects.
- Perform optimization and development of immunoassays assays for vaccine characterization
- Perform assays including but not limited to ELISA, SDS-PAGE/Western Blot, protein analysis and measurement
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of development and work. Report results to management
- Assist in writing and/or revising technical documents including SOPs, assay protocols, datasheets and reports
The successful candidate will possess a BA/BS plus 3-5 years of industry experience. Previous laboratory experience with SDS-PAGE, Western Blot Analysis, ELISA and Softmax is a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a team environment are essential. MS Office skills are required.