Luminex xMAP® Based Assays
The Luminex technology combines advanced fluidics, optics, and digital signal processing with proprietary microsphere (“bead”) xMAP Technology. This enables a high degree of multiplexing within a single sample volume. The open-architecture of the technology has permitted manufacturers to generate multiplex assay kits for many types of applications. Using the easily configurable xMAP Technology we can develop custom assays that are accurate and cost-effective.
Solution-phase multiplex assays offer the following benefits:
- Reduced sample volume and other redundant consumables
- More data from the same amount of labor
- Faster results due to solution-phase kinetics
The figure below shows the results of an analysis for antibodies to specific bacterial toxins from a single serum sample. Various bacterial toxins were conjugated to color coded microspheres. The serum sample was incubated at various dilutions with beads in a 96-well plate. Beads were washed and then incubated with the detection antibody. Beads were washed and read on the Luminex 200 and the data was analyzed using a 4PL fit.
We are using the Luminex® 200™ analyzer
MSD Based Assays
Using a highly sensitive electrochemiluminesence technology developed by Meso Scale Discovery™ (MSD), IBT Bioservices offers custom services for testing cytokines, chemokines and other biomarkers in culture supernatants and sera. We can test using any panel, species, or analyte that MSD offers.
MSD is a revolutionary technology that utilizes electrochemiluminescence detection to detect binding events on patterned arrays. The combination forms a unique solution offering sensitivity, dynamic range and convenience. MSD based assays have a wide dynamic range typically from 10ˆ3 to 10ˆ4 allowing quantitative measurements with high accuracy and without the need for running multiple dilutions. MSD assays can be also established in a multiplex format with 5-10 antigens per well.
- Capture: 10-100 fold increase in capture capacity compared to ELISA
- Dynamic Range: 3-4 log dynamic range vs. 1-1.5 log range for ELISA
- Sensitivity: Detection of analytes at sub-picogram levels
- Reduced Sample Volume: 5-25 ul volume vs. 50-100 ul for ELISA
- Speed: The entire assay can be performed in 3 hours
- Multiplex Capability: Simultaneous measurements for up to 10 analytes