Integrated BioTherapeutics, (IBT) Bioservices, located in Rockville, MD, offers a highly stimulating scientific environment. We believe in teamwork and integration of talent from many disciplines. Here, you will interact with internationally renowned scientists and get involved in collaborations with leading research laboratories and the biotech industry.
Please send all qualified resumes to email@example.com
Current Open Positions:
Assistant Director, Vivarium Operations
IBT Bioservices has an opening for an Associate Director, Vivarium Operations. Candidate will be responsible for providing daily leadership for all vivarium operations and pre-clinical animal studies of both internal and contract research.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight of day-to-day operations supporting both contract and internal research studies, ensuring the highest standards of animal care.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies, assurances and guidelines by facilitating training and compliance with operational protocols.
- In coordination with Senior Management and attending veterinarian, develop and update operating procedures and policies and guidelines and assure implementation in a timely manner.
- Oversee capacity planning and improvement projects.
- Perform Post-approval Monitoring and report findings to IACUC.
- Maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping, proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Assist with performance of studies as needed.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures working with infectious microorganisms.
- Review/QC data and prepare data summaries in a timely manner.
- Participate in Vivarium expansion as needed.
Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in biology, laboratory animal science or related field with a minimum of 10 years related experience including 5 years in a leadership role.
- Must have working knowledge of animal welfare regulations and standards (e.g. AAALAC, OLAW).
- Must have extensive knowledge of laboratory animal handling, research techniques and knowledge of a variety of animal models of disease.
- Must have aptitude for problem-solving and be highly organized.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical procedures and scientific documentation.
- Experience maintaining mouse colony preferred but not required
- Experience with vivarium design and construction preferred but not required.
Research Associate II
IBT Bioservices has an opening for a Research Associate II. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Immunology and will be responsible for day-to-day operation of flow cytometry, establishing and optimizing panels for human, mouse and NHP samples. This position will also support internal research and contract studies. The successful applicant has a MS or BS in biology or related field and 5 years + experience with flow cytometry, cell culture, and handling animal tissues and cells. The candidate must have excellent communication and writing skills and able to work in a matrix organization interacting with multiple groups.
Essential Skills and Job Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborate team setting
- Experience with BD Flow Cytometers
- Experience with flow cytometry software desired: DIVA, FlowJo etc.
- Knowledge of cellular immunology
- Perform instrument maintenance and calibration
- Panel design, sample preparation, staining and sample acquisition
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience will be offered.
Eligible applicants should send a cover letter, resume and names and contacts of three references to jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com.
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment. Please send resume and salary requirements to: jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com