Essential Job Responsibilities
- Preparation of bacterial culture media, regents and solutions required for bacterial growth.
- Prepare bacterial challenge dose for in-vivo efficacy studies.
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs and toxins neutralization assays in blood, serum, and plasma samples.
- Perform mammalian cell cultures and cell-based assays such as cytotoxicity and toxin neutralization assay for different bacterial toxins such as: alpha toxins, Leukotoxins, Superantigens, clostridium toxins, anthrax toxins and superantigen toxins.
- Plasmid and DNA extraction; PCR, cloning and basic molecular biology techniques.
- Production and purification of Antibody from CHO cell lines and characterization of antibodies
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures working with infectious microorganisms.
- Oversee Bacterial lab operations:
- Enforce lab safety protocol to lab personnel (wearing lab coats, gloves)
- Make sure Labs are neat and tidy.
- Maintain -80C and -20C inventories.
- Review/QC and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor.
Candidate must possess a Masters in biological science and 3+ years of experience.
- Prior experience in bacterial culture, bacterial enumeration based on total plate count methods and bacterial growth kinetics
- Prior experience performing serological assays
- Prior experience performing protein characterization assays: SDS gel, Western Blot and BCA.
- Must be able to independently run laboratory assays
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Must have an aptitude for problem-solving and be highly organized
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment.
Eligible applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and names and contacts of three references to jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com or apply online.