Research Associate I/II – Assay Development
Location: Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
Excellent opportunity at Integrated BioTherapeutics (IBT) for an experienced Research Associate to join our Immunoassay team and work in developing and performing immunoassays supporting the company’s mission in providing high quality products and services to clients as we partner with them to produce innovative ways to improve global health. The candidate will conduct assigned laboratory activities supporting the design of new products in the realm of assay development or the modification of existing products for new applications. Candidate will be expected to work independently / minimal supervision and be responsible for planning, organization, and execution of laboratory tasks. Candidate will be expected to report results with accuracy and proper quality control compliance and assist in preparation of scientific reports and presentations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform development procedures for novel immunoassays.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing serological assays such as ELISAs and Luminex assays in blood, serum, and plasma samples.
- Review and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor and/or team.
- Independently completes a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including routine equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories, proper documentation of laboratory records and supply ordering.
- Comply with SOPs, laboratory guidelines and support development of new procedures.
- Inform management of any problems that may affect integrity of the data and participate in the resolution.
- Participate in troubleshooting of instrumentation and test methods or procedures.
- Communicate effectively and promote a cohesive working environment.
- Ability to multitask and support development of projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures including those for working with infectious microorganisms.
Candidate must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Biological Sciences/related degree and have at least 5 years of laboratory experience in:
- Expertise in ligand binding technology platforms, such as ELISA, MSD and Luminex is required.
- Aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Knowledge in basic protein characterization such as SDS PAGE gel and western blots.
- Must have excellent computing skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Must have expertise in using SoftMax PRO and GraphPad PRISM software.
- Willingness to work with biological specimens.
- Strong background in developing, troubleshooting, and performing bioanalytical assays in plate-based and cell-based assay formats.
- Expertise in performing basic laboratory techniques (pipetting, centrifugation, serial dilutions, etc.).
- Maintain good documentation practices when performing experiments and provide high quality experimental data.
- Work independently and as a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to learn new methodologies, be flexible with changing priorities and adapt to new procedures.
- Must be organized, attentive to detail and possess a positive, friendly, and professional demeanor.